Cab Integrity Testing
Fire apparatus, commercial truck, school bus, and many other manufacturers trust CAPE to ensure their vehicles’ cab integrity meets industry safety standards.
A cab undergoing this kind of testing must pass three performance criteria.
- After each test, the cab of the vehicle must exhibit survival space accommodating a 50th percentile male ATD in the median position without contact between the ATD and non-resilient parts for all seating locations.
- None of the doors shall open during the tests.
- The cab attachments may be distorted or fractured, however, the cab shall remain attached to the vehicle frame.
We perform three tests to SAE specifications J2420 and SAE J2422.
- SAE 3057 for ambulance bodies
- SAE 2422 for commercial trucks
- NFPA 1901 & 1906 for fire trucks
- SAE 220 for school buses
- FMVSS 216 for passenger vehicles and light trucks
- ROHVA for agriculture, construction and UTV vehicles