CAPE is home to an enhanced drop tower capable of handling test loads of 600 pounds dropped from a distance of 20 feet. Like our previous tower, it can also conduct a variety of smaller component and helmet tests.
Researchers seeking ways to mitigate the energy of an IED blast will find CAPE’s new drop tower capable of reproducing situations with impacts up to 350G and speeds up to 20 MPH using a seated test dummy.
Mine blast simulation testing is not the only benefit of this expanded drop tower. CAPE can recreate other customer impact scenarios. For example, customers could use the drop tower to evaluate the effects of a vertical impact force during a vehicle rollover using a fixture and the drop tower rather than dropping an entire vehicle.
- Capable of handling test loads of 600 pounds dropped from 20 feet
- Can conduct smaller component and helmet tests
- Supports mine blast seat development
- Capable of reproducing situations with impacts up to 350G and speeds up to 20 MPH with a seated test dummy
- Can reproduce custom impact scenarios